So... it's gone. Another year of our lives.
And I must say this has been one of the craziest years I have ever been lucky enough to experience. I've lost people. I've gained people. I lost myself. I worked on myself.
Before I fill this post with positivity and memories I think I need to say that it definitely hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. I started the year in one of the darkest places I have ever been. I couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't focus, I couldn't study and it felt like nothing was ever going to go back to normal. 6 months of 2019 were spent in a heavy depression and I am so grateful for all my friends and the Young Enterprise programme for motivating me to get back and to get better.
So much has happened this year and if I wrote about it all in this blog post it would be scroll after scroll of never-ending memories, so here's just some of it.
- I went to Wellington for the first time for the Entrepeneurs in Action weekend where I met some life long friends and fell in love with the city.
- I worked alongside fashion designer Annah Stretton - we held a fashion show at an elderly home and visited the womens prison. It was amazing to see what such a successful designer does for marketing and just because she wants to help empower women.
- I had a group of Swedish University Students complete a study and one of their university papers on Purpose Swimwear!
- I went to Thailand!! Young Enterprise took me and 10 other of my now very close friends on a once in a life time Bizventure trip with a focus on sustainability.
- I won $10,000 from Samsung through George FM to help my dream of Purpose Swimwear come to life!!