So... it's gone. Another year of our lives.
And I must say this has been one of the craziest years I have ever been lucky enough to experience. I've lost people. I've gained people. I lost myself. I worked on myself.
Before I fill this post with positivity and memories I think I need to say that it definitely hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. I started the year in one of the darkest places I have ever been. I couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't focus, I couldn't study and it felt like nothing was ever going to go back to normal. 6 months of 2019 were spent in a heavy depression and I am so grateful for all my friends and the Young Enterprise programme for motivating me to get back and to get better.
So much has happened this year and if I wrote about it all in this blog post it would be scroll after scroll of never-ending memories, so here's just some of it.
- I went to Wellington for the first time for the Entrepeneurs in Action weekend where I met some life long friends and fell in love with the city.
- I worked alongside fashion designer Annah Stretton - we held a fashion show at an elderly home and visited the womens prison. It was amazing to see what such a successful designer does for marketing and just because she wants to help empower women.
- I had a group of Swedish University Students complete a study and one of their university papers on Purpose Swimwear!
- I went to Thailand!! Young Enterprise took me and 10 other of my now very close friends on a once in a life time Bizventure trip with a focus on sustainability.
- I won $10,000 from Samsung through George FM to help my dream of Purpose Swimwear come to life!!
- I went to Wellington a second time to visit my now future home!! Victoria University!!
- I competed in the Young Enterprise Regional Competition and won not only the 'One to Watch' award but won the North Auckland 'Company of the Year' award.
- I attended the Westpac Business Awards which has madly inspired me to keep dreaming with Purpose and one day attend for my own business.
- AND I went to Wellington for a third time to compete in the Young Enterprise National Competition and took out an Innovation award AND third place for company of the year!!
There is so much more I could say but those are the things that have defined me this year. EIA pulled me out of my sadness and I continued to push myself every day.
2020 will be the year for Purpose Swimwear and I can't wait to see where I go next.
But for now I need to say thank you! Again! To everyone who played a part in my life this year!! You will know who you are and I am so grateful to each and every person who stepped foot in my 2019 :)
Stay safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
xx Rebecca Marie